School Aims and objectives
- we aim to produce an environment that encourages each pupil to develop qualities of self-discipline, organisation, motivation and the enjoyment of working hard that makes them confident and competent members of society.
- We will continue to develop the positive ethos and learning culture throughout the school community with a commitment to continual improvement and meeting the very highest expectations.
- We will continue to encourage a strong and effective partnership with parents and the local community
- We will continue to develop the literacy, creativity and communication skills so necessary for pupils to access the curriculum and take a full part in society.
- We will take every opportunity to reward pupils and enhance their self-esteem whilst supporting one another in demanding the highest academic and social standards.
- We will offer a broad and balanced curriculum which evolves to reflect the needs of pupils and the demands of modern society.
To develop in each pupil.
- Self-esteem and a feeling of self-worth.
- A healthy lifestyle and physical and mental well-being.
- Care and respect for people and the environment in a context of social, moral, multi-cultural and spiritual awareness.
- The ability to work as part of a team, developing a sensitivity to other people’s needs and points of view.
- A responsibility for their own learning and actions.
- An awareness of the modern world, and an environmental and aesthetic appreciation of it.
- The ability and confidence to communicate effectively. This includes development of the key skills of literacy and numeracy .
- A sound scientific and technological understanding.
- The ability to understand and analyse information.
- The ability to apply knowledge and skills to solve problems.
- A creative and enquiring mind committed to life-long learning.