Scheme of Examination and Promotion
The school is affiliated to CBSE and the CCE guidelines have been implemented from Class Nursery onwards with a Grading system reflecting Scholastic as well as Co-Scholastic areas in the Report Card. Project work and oral testing emphasize the importance on self exploration and presentation skills. A strong academic curriculum is followed with emphasis on experiential laerning through planned class activities, audio visual aids Multiple Intelligence lesson plans, Modules on the Smart Boards supplement the teaching content in all classrooms from Pre School to XII.
Class Pre-School and Pre-Primary:- No formal assessment. The children are assessed on the basis of day to day observation, through general discussion and revision worksheets. A checklist is also prepared at the end of each term to verify the child's conceptual understanding. School has "XSEED foundation for life programme" for children at this level. XSEED is a comprehensive academic solution that is designed to raise the level of learning in classrooms and build confidence in children.
Class I to V: - The student's performance is evaluated on the basis of weekly tests, oral testing, project work as well as the day to day observation of the child. Weekly Intervention are held on every Tuesday and Friday in rotation for all subjects for classes I to V. A sudent suffering from any aliment has to submit Medical Certificate on the vry same day or at most the next day of the exam to the class teacher. The focus is on identifying the talent of the learner to empower him/her with positive inputs.
Class VI to X:- There are two semesters in the academic year, the first Semenster is from April to September and Second Semester is from October to March. Each semster has 50% weight age that includes Unit Test, Assignments, activities Projects/ Quiz/Conversational Skill/Orals & Practicals etc. and one Summative Assessment (SA1 and SA2) ending exam. The Grdaing scale for scholastic Domain is a nine point grading scale (for details refer to the Assessment Crad).
Class XI:- The academic session is divided into two terms: Mar-Sep and Oct-Feb.
There will be 1 unit test in the each term. Each of the unit tests will carry 25 marks. In addition to this, there will be a term end exam for100 marks each. A weightage of 40% from the total of the First term unit test and term and exam, and 60% from the total of two second term unit tests and term end will be taken to calculate the Final result. In order to declare pass a student must secure 33% marks in each of the subject studied by him/her subject to the condition that he/ she secure 33% marks separately in theory and practical portion.
Class XII:- Public Examination is held by C.B.S.E. for this class in the month of March and results are declared as per C.B.S.E. Examination, bylaws. To give enough practice for the Board Examination, there are three formal examination. On every Wednesday weekly test is held in rotation for all subjects. The students are advised to take these examinations seriously as these examinations will be beneficial for the preparation of the Board examination
RULES FOR ASSESSMENT
- 90% Attendance is compulsory for all assessment held being the year, failing which the student will be given a zero. Consideration what so ever will be only on genuine medical grounds that too at the sole discretion of the Principal. There is no provision of appearing in FA and then leave the school for home on medical/personal grounds. Talking the child back home after assessment(s) will result in a zero for the subject.
- There is no provision for reassessing students, who remain absent on the day of the assessment, or those who have failed in one or more subject. request for change in assessment dates or timings will not be entertained.
- Students reporting late for assessment will not be given any extra time for answering the question papers.
- Unfair means: Students found using any unfair means during any of the assessment will be given a zero in that subject. Parents and the concerned student will be summoned and asked to provide an explanation. A repeat of such an action in future will result in the prompt issue of a SLC, without notice.
- The answer scripts will be shown to students after evaluation with in 5 days of the date of exams.
- Request for the issue of Progress Report before the declaration of result will not be entertained.
- A duplicate of Report Card (if Lost/Damaged) shall be issued on a payment of Rs. 500